Ecommerce websites are the online platform that provides the facility of online transactions of goods and services through the transfer of information and money over the internet. In the early days, eCommerce was partially done through email and phone calls. Now, with the same website, anything that needs a transaction and everything else can be executed online.
There are different e-commerce websites for each field. The most frequent type is trading, but there are auction websites, business-to-business(B2B) services, music gateways, consulting sites, finance management sites, and many more.
Different Types of eCommerce Websites
Ecommerce websites are marked or referenced separately, depending on the working area they have completed successfully.
- Business-to-Business (B2B): Electronic transactions of goods and services among companies.
- Business-to-Consumer (B2C): Electronic transactions of goods and services among companies and consumers.
- Consumer to Consumer (C2C): Electronic deals of goods and services among consumers, mostly via the third party.
- Consumer-to-business (C2B): Electronic deals of goods and services where individuals provide products or services to firms.
- Business-to-Administration (B2A): Electronic deals of goods and services between firms and public administrations.
- Consumers-to-Administration (C2A): Electronic deals of goods and services among the individuals and public administrations.
Advantages of the Ecommerce:
With the use of mobile devices and laptops every day, there are many benefits of e-commerce:-
- Global market reach
- A global choice for consumers
- Short product/service distribution chain
- Lesser costs and pricing
Disadvantages of e-Commerce:
Just like others, the e-commerce also has two phases and these are:-
- Fraud and online insecurity
- Data privacy issues
- No testing or checking of services or goods
- Dependence on electronic technologies
Ecommerce Websites: What makes it good?
There are a few things that you have to keep in mind if you going to involve in ecommerce business, and while making ecommerce website to become successful in the game. Don’t make any mistake, there are numerous online shopping sites out there, and the top few are such great brands which controlling most of the market share.
Top Ecommerce Websites:
Here are some of the most popular eCommerce website which are the well-known websites across the world.
- Amazon:- Amazon.com is the largest online retailer and a well-known cloud services provider globally. The company was initially a bookseller company but has expanded to sell a large variety of consumer goods and also digital media as well as its own electrical gadgets, such as Kindle(e-book reader), Kindle Fire tablet and Fire TV, and streaming media adapter.
- eBay:- eBay is the global online marketplace; a platform for buyers and for traders to stand together and purchase and sell almost everything.
- Alibaba:- Alibaba is the most lovable platform for online shopping, in the global fastest growing e-commerce market.
- Walmart:- Walmart Inc basically was Wal-Mart Stores Inc, is an American MRC (multinational retail corporation). The company was developed by Sam Walton in 1962 and incorporated on October 31, 1969, and is Headquartered in Bentonville, Arkansas. It operates a cycle of hypermarkets, discount department stores, and grocery stores.
- Flipkart – In website popularity, the king of Indian e commerce holds second place. Flipkart company beats Amazon because of Flipkart insists and it is pushing more towards app transactions. Many industry analysts, think while commerce is best way of the future, but it is too early to discount website business.
- Snapdeal – The online Walmart of India is totally self professed.CEO and Founder has repeatedly said that he is building the company modeled after Alibaba. Snapdeal is a technology platform that brings sellers and buyers together
- Jabong – e commerce player in this country, Jabong ranks below in the popularity charts in Ebay. When management changes and many other problems and then Jabong have not found its balance.
- Shopclues – Shopclues is expected to become the profitable with possibilities in 2017. It is the largest eCommerce player and is eyeing going public.